9:00 – 10:00 Registration & welcome breakfast
10:00 – 10:10 Lead-in. Goals of the forum
Rolandas Barysas, „Verslo žinios“ editor in chief
BALTIC ECONOMIES AND RE MARKET: WHERE DO WE GO?
10:10 – 10:40 Continued recovery or new headwinds? Outlook for the Baltic economies
Lars Christensen / International economist, Money Doctor, CEO & founder of Markets & Money Advisory (Denmark)
10:40 – 11:00 How with best practice from Smart cities create Smart countries?
Joseph Dignan / International economist, Money Doctor, CEO & founder of Markets & Money Advisory
11:00 – 11:20 Investment patterns in the Baltics: Do not put all your eggs into real estate
Critical success factors at different growth phases, decisions which have paid off greatly, mistakes
Žygimantas Mauricas / Luminor Chief Economist (Lithuania)
11:20 – 11:40 TBC
11:40 – 11:50 Questions
11:50 – 12:40 Networking lunch
FINANCING OF REAL ESTATE: CRE finance – evolution or reinventing the old?
Moderated by: Indrė Jonaitytė – Gricė, „Ellex Valiunas“
12:40 – 12:50 Evaluation of real estate market in Baltic countries: financing perspective
Dainius Vilčinskas / Head of Corporate Competence Centre, Baltic Banking at Swedbank (Lithuania)
12:50 – 13:00 Financing real-estate via crowdfunding
Marek Pärtel / Co-founder and CEO of EstateGuru (Estonia)
13:00 – 13:10 Financing real-estate via Capital Markets
Aare Tammemäe / Senior partner at Redgate Capital (Estonia)
13:10 – 13:50 Discussion:
- Evolution of real estate finance;
- Borrowers’ needs and roadblocks in financing CRE projects
- Traditional lending and alternative finance;
- Fintech in CRE
- Indrė Jonaitytė-Grice, Associate Partner at Ellex Valiunas (Lithuania)
- Dainius Vilčinskas, Head of Corporate Competence Centre, Baltic Banking at Swedbank (Lithuania)
- John Afseth, Chairman of the Board, Carpe Diem Afseth AS (Norway)
- Aare Tammemäe, Senior partner at Redgate Capital (Estonia)
- Marek Pärtel, Co-founder and CEO of EstateGuru (Estonia)
DEVELOPMENT OF REAL ESTATE
Moderated by: Antanas Anskaitis, Northern Horizon Capital
13:50 – 14:05 How to sell a City? Ogmios territory in Vilnius spatial experiments
Andrė Baldišiūtė / DO ARCHITECTS founder and partner (Lithuania)
14:05 – 14:20 Towards new ways of working – case Prime Ministers Office and the Sesam co-working space
Kasper Fabritius / Head of Solutions, Senate Properties (Finland)
14:20 – 14:35 Can a single project RE:shape the city? The Story of Z –Towers
Svetlana Cimmere / CFO and Board Member at Towers Construction Management AS
14:35 – 14:50 Employee centered solutions – the future of construction
14:50 – 15:00 Questions
15:00 – 15:15 AWARDS
15:15 – 15:45 Networking break
Moderated by: Mindaugas Statulevičius, PropTech Baltic
15:45 – 16:00 TBC
16:00 – 16:15 Daniel Kraft / Partner at Stronghold Invest AB (Sweden)
16:15 – 16:30 TBC
16:30 – 16:40 Questions
INVESTMENTS IN REAL ESTATE IN THE BALTICS
16:40 – 16:50 How significant is a value premium in Baltics vs Western markets?
Sergei Svets / Investment Manager at Corum AM (Netherlands)
16:50 – 17:00 Can prime assets in Baltic capitals actually provide a safe harbor to investors in the down market?
Kęstutis Sasnauskas / CEO at Eastnine (Sweden)
17:00 – 17:40 Discussion:
- Do we finally have sufficient pipeline of attractive/sizable targets in Baltics to drive investment market activity to a new heights? Disproportional share of prime assets still owned by developers – can that change this year? Will we see any portfolio/fund exits in the near term?
- International/opportunistic investors are bound to exit their Baltics holdings soon? What can they expect? Would that put Baltics on the map and change liquidity perception?
- Pricing: is pricing convergence an ‘end cycle’ phenomenon or a long term trend? Is the risk premium for Baltics justified compared to CEE, Western Europe, Nordics? Where is the limit for yield compression? Older vs new property pricing?
- Are local players moving out of traditional cash flow investments for the time being? Will alternative segments be the place to find value? Can residential finally become mainstream institutional cash flow product in Baltics? Student housing, industrial?
- Bernardas Velikonis, Investment advisor / CRE Transactions at NEWSEC (Lithuania)
- Sergei Svets, Investment Manager at Corum AM (Netherlands)
- Kęstutis Sasnauskas, CEO at Eastnine (Sweden)
- Viljar Arakas, CEO, EfTEN Capital (Estonia)
- Jekaterina Kolosova, Managing Director Baltic Countries at Nordic and Baltic Property Group (Latvia)
17:40 – 18:00 Questions. The end of the 1st day, summing-up